Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Conversationalist

Lauren is a fairly shy little girl, like I was as a child. When she meets new people, mostly adults, she gets really clingy and hides behind my leg. After a little time, she'll warm up and once she warms up, she'll talk their ear off! With children, she is decidedly more friendly from the get-go, but still takes a while to get warmed up.

Lately, though, she seems to be really making an effort to talk to adults. Today, she started a new Little Gym class with a new teacher, and I wasn't sure how she'd handle that. As soon as we walked in, she went right up to the new teacher and said, "My name is Law-wen! This is Sarah!" I was proud of her and her introduction-making. Of course, she followed up with her, "My mom takes me outside!" Once they got into class, she even plopped right down on his lap. Guess she's okay with the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment