Friday, January 15, 2010

I Love My Daughter

Watching the news out of Haiti the last few days has been just heartbreaking. My mind can't even comprehend the sadness and devastation the people of Haiti are experiencing and I just wish I could help.

I always feel blessed, but seeing the tragedy these others humans are experiencing really makes me look around and count all the wonderful blessings I have in my life. And the most wonderful blessing of all? My beautiful little monkey-girl Lauren.

From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I have lived in this amazing state of love and grace. Having Lauren was the best thing that ever happened to me: she's changed my world in a million little ways, all for the better. I'm constantly astounded by all the wonderful things she can do and the fact that there's nothing she believes she can't do. Seeing a child become a person is just incredible. She's so strong-willed and independent and smart, and she's so loving and kind to others; she's more than I could have ever dreamed. Watching her learn and grow into her own is such a privilege and I can't wait to see what she does next.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto! She is an amazing miracle...and you're a very good mum, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete